Monday, October 23, 2017

Zahirah Nur Truth Arts Emerges

Peaceful Greetings Beloved Friends,



It has been a tremulous journey for me of the past few years but more specifically the past year and a half. My whole life in April of 2017 came to screeching halt with an untimely major health crisis, under much doctor supervision and timely support from loved ones I am abundantly thankful I do not look like all that I have been through. My focus and clarity is better than ever, even though the road to optimal health is an ongoing journey. Art still stands as a focal point and prominent component of my overall well being. It is the one thing that I am blessed to always have up until this point and show through my process of personal struggle and growth. As a woman of color I have always drawn upon that experience however as I have had more time to myself to reflect as I recover. I have noticed the black man and black women is not possible with out each other. I am often bombarded via social media and the news about the state of racial tension in America but more importantly the way in which black men and women are seen in America and all over the world. There is numerous offensive incidents of police brutality, mockery of ones skin color and ethnic features picked apart under the guise of art and the social advertising of products. Nether or less what comes to mind for me currently is the struggle of the black man often wrongfully accused, misunderstood and thrown under the bus so to speak. 

Currently in my life I find a need to depict ambiguous portraits of black men in hopes that other women or men can identify with the painting that is reflected to them by seeing their father, uncle brother, cousin or any other patriarchal figure that resonates in their life. 

Black Lives Matter! However more specifically "Black Men Matter" to me and in this new 3 part series of portraits I hope to invoke thought and conversations around the male black experience related to everyday life, fatherhood and community. A family is made up of many components but most importantly in a more traditional since it is made up of a Father and Mother. In order to invoke change in our communities it first starts in the nuclear structure of our individual homes with our children no matter how cliche children need fathers as well as mothers.

Join me this week as I display the other two portraits for view at


 





 Celebrate the Arts at Dudley Square
Thursday October 26, 2017
6-9pm
Tickets are $75.00pp

Bruce C. Bolling Municipal Building
2300 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02119 


I hope you can join me and help us fund-raise for a wonderful cause as this will be my first art presentation this year as well as since my health crisis. Overall I am positive and optimistic that life will contiune to progress in a way for me that is abundant and meaningful.  I wish everyone much love, peace, happiness and most importantly health, it is truly wealth.

No comments:

Post a Comment