Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Da Artist, Da Educator end of Session Preschool Art Show!

PeacefulGreetings

It has been some time my friends I have been busy behind the scenes making artistic connections, teaching art as well as growing as visual/performance arts professional.



This past June completed my second year as a "Teaching Artist" at the beloved Eliot School of Fine and Applied Arts for  all Ages located in historic Jamaica Plain, MA.

I taught  "Big Artist Little Artist" A wonderful class for children ages 3-5+ years of age accompanied by an adult.



Our last class was a blast in which we created contemporary splatter art utilizing fun neon paints and pompoms as our painting tools.



This course was over 10 weeks in which I introduced preschool children and their adult caregivers to fine art application techniques as well as to the lives of established artist.



It was a pleasure to working with some amazing young growing artist...

We displayed our work at the end of the class session to take in all that we created. It was an amazing art show presentation. 

I provided light refreshments of natural snacks for my students.


Watercolor and salt experimentation



Storyboard Art

Children and families enjoyed a variety of works exploring decoupage, wax resistant applications, print making, color theory, various painting mediums and fundamental woodworking design.


Wood working Design 



I will continue to have a close working relationship with the to the Eliot School.

As I plan to work with early education ages groups as well as middle school age groups. 

Until then...

You can find me located at Jamaica Plain Open Studios in the Fall!



Saturday and Sunday

September 19 & 20, 2015

11am-6pm
24 Eliot Street
Boston, MA 02130




I will have a variety of my personal art works on display including original works, prints and fine jewelry consisting of gemstones, glass beadwork copper.


To learn more about the Eliot School and all they offer please visit them in person and or online.

www.eliotschool.org


As always bringing art from the heart!

Blessings 

DaArtistZNT
Zahirah


No comments:

Post a Comment